The NodeUtil Suite - Internode ADSL usage meters for Linux.
The NodeUtil Suite is a set of Tools designed to help you monitor your Internode ADSL Usage on your Linux-based system.
- A Gnome Panel Applet
- An applet for the Avant Window Navigator (Awn)
- A console-based, text-only reporting tool.
Screenshot showing a small Gnome Panel applet, a large Awn applet with the details dialog showing, and a console report:
(Click for larger image)
The Latest version of the NodeUtil Suite is: 0.4
Download the NodeUtil Suite
- Q: Do you support XFCE?
A: Yes, XFCE-panel has a wrapper applet called xfapplet which allows you to use the nodeutil GNOME applet.
- Q: Do you plan to ever support KDE?
- Q: Do you plan to ever support LXDE?
- Q: Do you support Cairo-dock?
A: Not yet, watch this space!
- Q: Do you plan to ever support Docky?
- Q: Do you plan to ever support Windowmaker / AmigaOS / esoteric-environment-N?
A: Maybe: ask for it, or send a patch.
- Q: Do you plan to ever support GNOME 3?
A: There is no such thing as GNOME 3.
- Q: Do you plan to ever support Unity?
A: You don't need an internode applet on your phone.
- Q: Do you plan to ever support Mac OS?
A: Your speak-n-spell is not sophisticated enough for this software.
- Q: Do you plan to ever support Windows?
A: Die in a fire.
Known Issues:1. (medium-high - AWN Applet only) The AWN applet seems to crash randomly on right-click. The error message will be an X window system error. I have no idea what is causing this, since it seems to be completely random. I'd love to hear ideas on how I can debug this!
Luckily, awn catches the crash and shows a nice 'whoops' message, and you can simply click to restart the Internode applet.
2. (low - GNOME Applet only) The GNOME applet doesn't resize with the panel completely smoothly, and the icon is invisible for panels less than 24px in height. This is due to the gnomeapplet reporting it's size incorrectly, I haven't figured out how to get the proper size of the applet for resizing.
to report a problem, please email: nodeutil [at] antisol [dot] org.
- fix window size bug for users with long plan names, remove some crud from tarball
- rc1. see log on github: https://github.com/AntiSol/nodeutil
- make nodeutil's update happen asynchronously (in a thread)
- build awn-applet
- NodeDialog and descendants
- version checking
Sam Polenz's Original GNOME Meter