Download The NodeUtil Suite
The NodeUtil Suite is intended to be easy to install on all variants of linux.
The self-extracting install script is the easiest and best way to install.
To use the self-extracting installer, simply download it, mark it as executable, and run it.
On most linux machines, running the following commands (just copy-paste into your terminal) should install the NodeUtil Suite:
wget http://antisol.org/nodeutil_installer_0.5.sh; chmod a+x nodeutil_installer_0.5.sh; ./nodeutil_installer_0.5.sh
Alternatively, you can download the tarball, extract it, and run 'sudo ./setup.sh'.
After installing, the Internode applets will not be available until you restart the gnome panel and/or avant window navigator. Once they have been restarted, the Internode Usage Meter should show up in the applets list for the appropriate panel(s).
To restart gnome-panel and/or Awn, use commands like:
killall avant-window-navigator && avant-window-navigator &
Once installed, There are a few things you can do with the NodeUtil Suite from the command-line...
to fetch usage info at the command-line:
type internode-usage-report -h for a list of options.
to run the gnome-applet in a window:
where <install_path> is where nodeutil was installed
(/usr/share/internode-applet or /usr/local/share/internode-applet)
Download the self-extracting install script
Download the tarball
- GNOME 2
- the PyGTK bindings.
- Ubuntu 10.04 - 11.04 Users: You should run 'sudo apt-get install python-gnomeapplet'.
- Fedora Core 4 Users Note: Please make sure you have the gnome-python2-applet, gnome-python2-extras and gnome-python2-gconf packages installed.
- Ubuntu 5.10 Users Note: Please make sure you have the python2.4-dev package installed.
The latest development version source is available on GitHub.
- awn applet version is no longer independant of NodeUtil Version
- details dialog is now kept on top (shows over top of gkrellm)
- better report about error condition where neither gnome.applet or gnomeapplet is available (these are now deprecated due to gtk3)
- fix bug by setting progressbar value to 1 when usage is >100%
- percentage label now sits above progressbar rather than next to it - gives a wider and more distinctive statusbar
- 'plan name' label gets word wrapping to avoid insanely wide dialog
- Interface niceties - padding, tooltips, text alignment, etc
- fix window size bug for users with long plan names, remove some crud from tarball
- rc1. see log on github: https://github.com/AntiSol/nodeutil
- make nodeutil's update happen asynchronously (in a thread)
- build awn-applet
- NodeDialog and descendants
- version checking
Sam Polenz's Original GNOME Meter